Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Yesterday I felt very sad because of my niece's illness and her decline. I also learned that my aunt who will be 101 years old in December and who has been leading a Sr's exercise class this year (she's amazing!) has also been very ill.

So last night I wanted to get out of my house. When I feel upset, I bolt! I head to one of my favorite restaurants where I am surrounded by people and a warm environment. I use the food to comfort me. I've been able to pretty easily stay home this week during those times and to be very satisfied to serve myself a little meal in my lovely bowl.

Last night the pressure built to the point I needed to get out. So I went to a quiet place nearby and had a small salad, a reasonable dessert and some decaf. A little meal. When I got home I felt bad (I often do when I go out from habit), but this time it was not because of the food I had chosen, but for the over the top difference in cost of having a small meal for dinner instead of lunch.

Then suddenly I felt better, because that's a positive shift, too: to move my habitual uncomfortable reflection to the money instead of to the food.

Changing one's perception rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment