Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It is one week today that I've been following the One Bowl Method. Its image when I am away from home is creating as much change in the way I think about food as when I actually eat from it. I ate at a restaurant yesterday afternoon and with my little bowl in mind, I ordered the smallest and lightest meal on the menu. In observing the food on my plate I gauged that it would fill my bowl twice which is most likely the amount that I would eat if I were at home. In addition I had enough guacamole to fill one bowl. Even though the meal was fairly calorie laden, it worked, because breakfast and dinner were each one bowl and both very low in calories.

The memory of the bowl not only made me aware of how much food I was choosing to have, but it caused me to reflect on the kinds of considerations I had in the above paragraph. For me, a chosen image is powerful when I use it to positively influence my thoughts, decisions and actions. It is the simplest and easiest method I've discovered for myself so far in the effort toward eating healthier and lighter. This is how it looks after having followed it for one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment