Thursday, October 13, 2011

So much of what I am hoping to accomplish is to break my addiction to going out to eat instead of preparing food for myself at home. Yesterday evening when it came time for dinner, I was prepared to have the curried meal that was in the slow cooker. There were beans in the pot and I discovered that they were far from done. My first thought was to go out instead and nine times out of ten that's what I would have done. But, then I really listened to myself and got that, no, I wanted to stay home. So I made myself the most delicious veggieburger for the second day in a row and enjoyed it thoroughly. It felt so good to know I wasn't making myself eat at home, but rather I truly wanted to. That has been happening more and more frequently lately. I have a feeling that it will become my new and very welcome habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment