Monday, October 17, 2011

Monday morning, first thing, has been my weigh in day for many years. Last week, getting on the scale was such a treat. I had found that in four days I had lost five pounds. Today one more. A total of six pounds in ten days? Happy me!

These ten days have been an adventure in perception and in getting to know myself better. I see a change in my face and feel change in the fit of my clothing. I have gone out to eat several times, having been invited out by one friend and another. Ordering food has been from a more mindful place. One evening a friend and I shared a sandwich and salad, so I ate half the amount I usually do. One morning, my best friend and I shared a veggie scramble, so again I ended up eating half of my ordinary amount. Another morning I saw that it was possible to order one serving instead of two of the huevos rancheros, so I did that. I took myself out to lunch one day and took half my meal home. Nearly always I eat the other half on the same day, meaning to wait until the next. This time, I waited gladly until the next day.

All the above accounts are new behaviors and all of them are because I held the image of my little bowl in mind. My bowl gave me boundaries I didn't keep for myself in the past. It's a measuring tool I now use to gauge how much to serve myself.

For ten days now it has worked very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment